In House Lawyer - London
In House Lawyer
London, England, United Kingdom
In House Lawyer
Established in 2008, The Opus group have experienced unrivalled growth and were awarded both Virgin Fast Track Top 100 2012 & Recruiter Hot 100 2012 status. Opus Talent Solutions now have a large international offering with Offices in USA, Australia and Europe.
This is your chance to join a vibrant culture which espouses ambition and prides itself in the market-leading service we provide our rapidly increasing client base.
We are expanding our legal team and we are looking to appoint an In House Lawyer where you will be given the opportunity to provide practical commercial legal support to key lines of the business. The role is full time and will report into our Head of Legal.
- Provide timely and commercially focused legal advice and support to key lines of business within the group
- Negotiate, draft and support on a range of customer and supplier agreements, which include recruitment (temp and perm, RPO, MSP) and IT services
- Identify key legal risks and issues, and working with key stakeholders to help the business assess and mitigate the same
- Offer an appropriate balance of reactive and proactive legal support
- Work closely with the business sales and operations teams, as well as other Business Support teams, as required, to ensure a strong understanding of requirements
- Provide support to the Head of Legal
- Work closely with, and contribute to, the wider Opus group legal function, through participating in knowledge sharing initiatives and offer collaboration on the Group’s business and growth strategy
- 3+ PQE qualified solicitor or Barrister in England and Wales (qualification in another commonwealth jurisdiction would be considered for those applicants who have had at least 3+ years of experience either in private practice or an in-house legal team environment)
- Excellent understanding of the laws relating to commercial contracts, with experience in technology and data
- Previous experience in the laws relating to employment/recruitment, outsourcing and privacy would be looked upon positively
- Self-starter with a proactive and can-do approach
- Excellent analytical skills, commercial judgment and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Award-winning consultancy: Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For, Virgin Fast Track, International Fast track/ Top 2 Most Socially Engaged Business, Financial Times Europe’s Fastest-Growing Companies, Recruiter Awards for Excellence +++.
- Competitive salary.
- Clear and tailored progression plans.
- A collaborative working environment that is sociable, celebratory, and supportive.
- Benefits including healthcare, dental, and vision – we ensure the full cost of employee cover with no contribution required.
- Best-in-class training & development programmes
- International work/ travel opportunities (9 offices and counting worldwide).
- 30 days PTO, half-day Fridays, and 8 national holidays.