HR Advisor - FTC Maternity Cover - Manchester
HR Advisor - FTC Maternity Cover
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Location: Anywhere in UK, ideally in commuting distance of one of our offices.
This is a Fixed Term Contract of 18 months, to cover a period of maternity leave. We are actively growing and there is a strong chance this role will go permanent.
The one thing that truly unites our HR and People team is that we are obsessed by delivering an excellent employee experience for our employees. We may be an actively growing business, but our passion for making ‘people feel like people, not numbers’ is a fundamental part of everything we do. Our processes are designed to remember the human on the other end of them, and we work hard to make sure our people feel supported at every stage of their employment life cycle.
In a lot of ways, this HR advisor role is very similar to many others out there. You’ll be working on the employee lifecycle at every step, employee relations will be a big feature in the role, as will absence management, payroll and benefits administration, and supporting engagement activities.
That being said, our obsession with employee experience means that a great deal of time will be spent on employee welfare (1to1s with employees, signposting and arranging support interventions, advising management) and we do this for all our global employees. Whilst we don’t need someone to have experience in USA/Australia/European employment law, our team look after all our employees centrally, so you’d need to be open to learning about different jurisdictions, and be flexible with your working hours from time to time, to accommodate the different time zones.
– A confident advisor with a true passion for making people feel heard, valued and respected, no matter how difficult the conversation
– Ability to use a HR information system including, accessing, inputting, and compiling data and reports. Our business speaks in the language of data, so we must respond in kind! You’ll need to be a strong excel user, or at least willing to learn!
– The verbal communication skills to communicate with a diverse group, and the ability to flex your working schedule to accommodate different time zones from time to time
– You’ll need to be comfortable operating within tight timeframes, and sometimes managing your work within changing priorities. We are a small team, and we get a lot done, and sometimes we have to juggle things!
– We are still growing and our business is changing shape every day – you’d have to be capable of adapting and growing with us, and not someone who thrives within a tight and rigid structure. Things may have to be more fluid with us, but we are building as we go, so you’ll have the chance to influence the shape of things too and leave a legacy!
– You have to be comfortable managing your own emotions, or at least know what you need to do to help yourself in that respect. We spend a great deal of time on welfare issues, and supporting others, which can be draining – you can’t pour from an empty cup!
Our total reward packages include:
- Award winning consultancy: Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For, Virgin Fast Track, International Fast track/ Top 2 most Socially Engaged Business, Financial Times Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies, Recruiter Awards for Excellence +++
- Clear and tailored progression plans
- Quarterly bonuses and other rewards
- Free access to all employees for a Mental Wellbeing App
- Collaborative working environment that is sociable, celebratory and supportive
- Top rewards / discounts including employee discounts, the ability to earn yourself additional paid time off, season tickets plus much more