Assistant Financial Accountant - Bristol
Assistant Financial Accountant
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
We are an international staffing business with a great culture and a modern working environment. With offices in the UK, Europe, The U.S and Australia, we are a rapidly expanding business with exciting growth plans.
We are looking for part qualified (ACCA/ACA/CIMA) Assistant Financial Accountant to join us to provide general support to Financial Controller and the wider finance team. This is an exciting opportunity for you to take your career to the next step, where you can utilise your current skillset, learn and develop in a professional environment.
Typical duties will include
- Support in financial control across the group, including performing reconciliations monthly / quarterly as required
- Month-end close, to include posting of journals into the Finance System (Sage 50)
- Support in forecasting and budgeting processes and cash flow management
- Understanding the financial processes and looking to improve processes / controls
- Work closely with the wider FinOps team to identify possible efficiencies
- Liaise with external, overseas accountants
- Assist with the annual audit
- Ad-hoc analysis for stakeholders across the business to allow for informed decision making
- Track and resolve accounting problems and discrepancies as needed
This role would suit someone who has a proven track record in a similar role, strong attention to detail, with a can-do attitude and be comfortable working with both finance and non-finance professionals. You would need to be able to work well under pressure and handle a fast-paced environment, but the rewards are great.
There is a generous study package on offer with this role alongside an excellent career progression path. Responsibilities will cover the whole of the group across multiple countries and brands. As we look to improve and streamline our internal processes, there is real scope to make this role your own and gain valuable experience as we kick start our exciting transformation journey. The rapid continued growth of the business will enable continued change and growth opportunities throughout your career.
- Part Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- Sage 50 (preferred but not essential)
- Good Microsoft excel skills
- Started an accounting qualification (preferred not essential)
- Calm when working under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Award-winning consultancy: Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For, Virgin Fast Track, International Fast track/ Top 2 Most Socially Engaged Business, Financial Times Europe’s Fastest-Growing Companies, Recruiter Awards for Excellence +++.
- Competitive salary.
- Clear and tailored progression plans.
- A collaborative working environment that is sociable, celebratory, and supportive.
- Benefits including healthcare, dental, and vision – we ensure the full cost of employee cover with no contribution required.
- Best-in-class training & development programmes
- International work/ travel opportunities
- 30 days PTO, half-day Fridays, and 8 national holidays.