Accounts Assistant - Bristol
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
We are an international staffing business with a great culture and a modern working environment.
Due to continued growth and expansion we are looking to expand our finance function through the appointment of an Accounts Assistant to join us on our exciting journey.
This is a great opportunity for you to join a team of finance professionals who provide accurate and timely financial support to the Opus Professional Services Group and its subsidiaries.
This is a highly varied and interesting role and would suit someone either just starting or studying towards AAT. Typical duties will include;
- Uploading customer and supplier invoices onto Sage – both Accounts Receivable & Payable
- Support with Bank Reconciliation – monthly, weekly and supplier payment runs
- Support with monthly internal wages run
- Process all company expenses and provide support to other employees where necessary
- Manage accounts payable helpdesk for all accounts related issues
- Create the monthly supplier payment run ensuring the given information is correct
- User of HSBC.Net – Upload monthly payment run
- User of HSBC Business Banking to pay weekly payment runs and supplier payment runs
- Maintain a variety of different spread sheets to monitor financial and contractor information
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Credit card reconciliations
- Liaise with external accountants
- Track and resolve accounting problems and discrepancies as needed
Ideally you will have experience within a finance function and studying towards AAT, but full training will be provided along with study support. You will be a self- starter and calm when working in a busy environment combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a great opportunity to develop and progress in an exciting and vibrant company that promotes an open and honest working culture.
- Award-winning consultancy: Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For, Virgin Fast Track, International Fast track/ Top 2 Most Socially Engaged Business, Financial Times Europe’s Fastest-Growing Companies, Recruiter Awards for Excellence +++.
- Competitive salary.
- Clear and tailored progression plans.
- A collaborative working environment that is sociable, celebratory, and supportive.
- Benefits including healthcare, dental, and vision – we ensure the full cost of employee cover with no contribution required.
- Best-in-class training & development programmes
- International work/ travel opportunities (9 offices and counting worldwide).
- 30 days PTO, half-day Fridays, and 8 national holidays.